Friday, August 15, 2014

Five for Friday {August 15}

Oh my, it has been a llllooooonnnngggg time since I have been able to join in on this oh, so fun linky! So finally, after a busy, busy summer, I am linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching for Five for Friday. 



Wow has it been a busy week?!?! We start back to school this week in good ole' Scott County.  Even though it has been busy, it has also been GREAT! I absolutely love seeing all my students smiling from ear to ear as they enter my music classroom! Even though there were TONS of things I have accomplished this week, here is my top five!


If you have read this blog before, you know that I teach at four different elementary schools! As a result, I have four schools to get ready for school.  And to make it even more fun?!?! I had to move two, yes two, classrooms THIS week! But I am very, very, very excited about my classroom switches! 

Here is my first room......a BRAND NEW ROOM!


This photo was taken before any of my stuff, art stuff, board, sink, and projector were in! It took me two days, but I am finally moved in! Yay! It all smells so nice and clean! 




This is the second classroom I moved this week.  I went from a teeny tiny room to a very spacious room! Eek! I don't know what to do with all this space!!! {Insert really happy music teacher face.} I was so thankful to have great teacher friends, admin, and custodians to move all my stuff up the stairs into my new room (since I wasn't at that school this week).  My great teacher friend, Tracy South at 4th Grade Dynamic Duo, helped me set up to teach on Monday morning. 




I was able to get this adorable bulletin board up right before the students walked in the door this week! I think it turned out pretty cute! 



I have recently became obsessed with making my desk, or rather I should say desks, at each of my schools! Throw on some contact paper, bulletin boarder, a pennant banner, and viola, a cute desk! 




This week I also figured out how to make a rose for a headband.  I grabbed some scrap fabric, my sewing machine, and Pinterest to help me with this little project! I am seeing lots of new hand bands in my near future.  

I am sure your week has been as busy as mine as Back to School 2014 is up and running! Good luck to you as you start back to school, and don't forget to check out Doodle Bugs Teaching for more Five for Friday posts! 



1 comment:

  1. Hi Jena, I found you on 5 for friday-love your blog! Congratulations on your new super-spacious classroom :)

    Come on by sometime,
    adriana

    Ventaneando: A Window Into First Grade Bilingüe

    ReplyDelete