Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Teacher Week: Who?

Today (although it's a day late), I will be linking up with Blog Hoppin' for the first day of Teacher Week!

I am Jena from Sew Much Music! Can you guess two of my favorite things just from my blog name?! Yes, you guessed it! Sewing and music :)  I am an elementary music teacher in my good ole' hometown of Scottsburg, Indiana.  I teach at four elementary schools over a two week period and get to teach over 1200 smiling faces.  Although it may seem crazy, I do thoroughly LOVE my job! I get four times the administrative support, four times the amazing teacher friends, four times the talented students, and an entire community behind my back.  Even though I can't go anywhere in town without hearing "Mrs. Hudson," it is such a joy to be back where I grew up and playing a large role in shaping our community. 

Family

Beside 1200 students, I don't have any children of my own.......yet! We are planning to have a couple kids in our future, but for now it is just my husband and our cat!


Oh, how we could go back to where this photo was taken?! Where did summer break go?! We have been married for three wonderful years! He loves the outdoors, cooking, and traveling! 


And here is our mouse-killing, cuddling furball of a cat, our Cinder. My husband never wanted a cat, and made me promise it would stay outside. That didn't last long :) Wifey usually gets her way so now kitty sleeps with us every night! 


Friends

I seriously have the BEST friends in the world! We laugh (a little too much) together, travel together, and eat ( a LOT) together! I love each one of them so much, and don't know what I would ever do without their encouragement, honesty, and support! I am very thankful for each one of them, whether they are a teacher friend, high school friend, or blogging friend...they each mean the world to me!

  

Things I Love...

Here is a list of some of the things I love:
1. McDonalds coke (there is just nothing like it)
2. Cooking
3. Gardening in our square foot garden
4. Quilting, sewing, and everything crafting
5. Cuddling with my hubby and cat
6. Hanging out with my nephews and nieces
7. Going out with friends
8. Collaborating with teachers
9. Teaching my amazing students!

Thanks for stopping by! See you this evening for day 2 of Teacher Week! 






1 comment: